Sustainability at Highways UK
From 2019 we are raising our game when it comes to Sustainability and are collaborating with our sustainability partner - Skanska - to achieve ISO 20121 by the 2021 edition of Highways UK.
We do understand that this is not an immediate 'fix' and we will have to progressively change not only our own, but importantly also the behaviours of our supply chain, clients and visitors. You can view our sustainability policy and strategy here.
We are however implementing the following initiatives this year, which will help us make a substantive start to delivering our medium term objectives:
- Sharing sustainability policies with all suppliers and publishing where possible
- Encouraging visitors to adopt low carbon travel arrangements, including car sharing etc where appropriate
- Introducing more and higher profile recycling bins
- Removing plastic water bottles and using water fountains instead
- Implementing digital signage
- Using recyclable materials in all publications
- Reducing print volumes of publications and introducing re-usage
- Introducing reverse vending machines (with Skanska)
We have also introduced a sustainability theatre for 2019. Click here to view the programme
If you have any thoughts about how you can help contribute to our sustainability drive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org