Highways UK is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Who is collecting the data?
The data is collected by Highways UK. The data will never be passed on to any third parties.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name, job title and organisation
- contact information including email address, telephone number, postal address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- we may use the information to improve our products and services
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail
- we may use your information to send personal invitations to upcoming Essential Infrastructure Events activities
We will not keep personal data longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it was collected. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all data which is no longer required.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Legal basis for processing your data
We will process your data under one or more of following legal bases:
Should you sign up for any kind of communication via our website we will always require a confirmation of your consent.
Should you book a place at one of our events or enter into a commercial relationship such as exhibiting or sponsoring, we will need to process your data in order to contact you about these specific things.
At times we may feel that it is in your legitimate interest that we contact you. We will participate in business-to-business communication. We believe our correspondence would be in line with your reasonable expectations and wouldn't have an unwarranted impact on you. However you will always have the right to opt out.
Consent/controlling your personal information
- By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified
- Consent is required for Essential Infrastructure Events to process both types of personal data. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used
You may withdraw your consent at any time
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing email@example.com
- You can also click the 'unsubscribe' button at the bottom of our emails. This will automatically opt you out and unsubscribe you from all Highways UK mailing lists and you will not receive any further correspondence from us unless you subsequently opt back in.
- When you are asked to fill in a form on the website, there will be a box to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Essential Infrastructure Events, Quartz House, 20 Clarendon Road, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1QX
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.